As of July 28, 2023, the Excelsior Pass Plus (EPP) and the NYS Wallet Apps will no longer be available.
Following the reduced demand for access to digital COVID-19 test and vaccine records through the epass.ny.gov portal and the official end of the COVID-19 public health emergency on May 11, 2023, the NYS Wallet that hosts the Excelsior Pass Plus COVID vaccine credential, will be discontinued.
- Excelsior Pass Plus provided a secure, digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Your Vaccination Pass Plus provided safe access to your vaccination information and included vaccine type, site and date of vaccination, just like your CDC Vaccination Card, validated by the State of New York.
- Your data collected for Excelsior Pass Plus continues to be private and secure.
- New York has gained knowledge on digital credentialing from this effort and remains interested in the potential this type of technology could bring in the future.
What will happen once NYS decommissions the New York State Wallet?
- At that time, NYS will no longer recommend its use, provide technical support or release future versions of the NYS Wallet. Since the app will be removed from app stores, new users will be unable to log-in and register for it.
Can my current digital pass still be presented as proof I received a COVID-19 vaccination once NYS ends this service? What should I do with my current digital pass?
- You can leave the pass on your phone in the event you ever need it in the future. You will still be able to open the app and “use” it to prove that you received the COVID-19 vaccine. However, if the app fails, technical support will no longer be available.
- If it provides you with a greater comfort level you can also take a photo or save the image of the Excelsior Pass to your phone to present as proof you were vaccinated.
- Access your vaccine records through your health care provider for additional options.
I've noticed that many people were informed about the discontinuation of the NYS Wallet. Should I have received a notification that the NYS Wallet is going away?
- Users who enabled notifications received this alert. In addition, NYS will continue to make reasonable efforts to conduct additional public outreach to ensure that all New Yorkers have the information they need to make informed decisions about the use of this product.
Access to Vaccination Records
Although no longer available in the app, please know that you will still have access to your vaccination records that the Excelsior Pass provided.
- New Yorkers residing outside of New York City can access vaccine records through your health care providers.
- New York City residents can get a copy of their vaccination at Immunization Records.
We are incredibly grateful for the statewide support and use of the Excelsior Pass Plus during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
CDC Contacts for Immunization Information System (IIS) Immunization Records:
New York State
Email: [email protected]
New York City
Email: [email protected]
Security & Privacy
Your data collected for Excelsior Pass Plus continues to be private and secure. Your personal data will not be used for sales or marketing purposes or shared with a third party.